Flu season essentials for kids

Hello everyone is autumn again and as fun as it sounds, with colourful leaves and cozy jumpers it is flu season as well and they are sneezes , coughs and fevers not to mention coronavirus. Once you have it or your child it is important to try and treat it quickly and I think is important for us parents to be prepared and make sure our medicine cabinets are well stocked. Some of the products I mention may work or not for you so it is very important to check with your doctor or pharmacist before you give any medication to your child. 

1. Saline spray 

Saline spray are drug free and tend to be safe for people of all ages. Saline spray can help to loosen and thine any mucus in the nose , they allow easier breathing when congestion arises due to colds and flus and they contain no medicine and have no side effects . I use this first and after few minutes I use a nasal aspirator to make sure I clean the nose properly .

2. Nasal aspirator 

Blowing noses isn't always easy with the little ones. My son is 5 and he still can't do it properly so that's way a nasal aspirator is a must for us . A nasal aspirator cleans nasal passages and allows children and babies to breathe more comfortably despite having a cold .

3. Chest rub 


Chest rub is a mentholated topical petroleum based gel intended to assist with minor medical conditions that affects breathing including the common cold . I apply it on my son chest just before sleeping to help with breathing. 

4. Calpol vapour plug 

I have to say this is one of my favourites works every time and my son sleeps so well when I use it despite having a cold. The Calpol vapour plug contains a blend of aromatic oils including lavender, chamomile, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus. These oils help to smooth and comfort your child at night time whilst helping to ease breathing. Non medicated aromatic vapours provide soothing night time comfort for your child. 

5. Calpol and Nurofen suspension 

The name of this suspensions may vary depending on were you are , here in the UK we have Calpol and Nurofen which are basically paracetamol and ibuprofen . They are used to relive mild to moderate pain and temperature and most common flu symptoms including cough and sore throat . If your child develops high temperature I do advise you to talk straight away with your doctor and follow your instinct. If temperature doesn't go down after 3 days may indicate infection and your child may need antibiotics. 

6. Cough syrup 

This particular one from my picture is completely natural made with different plants and propolis. My brother sends it to me from Romania and it is very good, but you have to check with your doctor before you give it to your child because different plants my interact with different medications . It keeps your respiratory system healthy and strong. I am sure you can find something similar in the pharmacys. 

7. Thermometers 

Thermometers are a must, they can be a good indicator on how a child is feeling especially when you may care for a smaller baby that may not be able to communicate it. 
All this are never missing from my medicine cabinet and if you use something different and works very good for you please share it in the comments section below . Have a colourful autumn and hopefully with no colds 💖 .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade prune juice

Little Red Riding Hood story map